In previous post we have shared 7 Tips for WordPress SEO. In this post we are sharing remaining 8 WordPress Website SEO Tips.
- Website speed and performance: Website speed is one of the most important ranking factors that should be taken into account. Nobody likes a slow loading page. According to the SEO experts, users decide if they want to stay or leave a website in a matter of seconds. This means that as a website owner, you only have a few seconds to show your content and engage users. And you don’t want to waste this precious time waiting for your website to load. But as you are in the WordPress world, you can do this with the aid of plugins. Often heavy images and files lead to slow loading speed but by compressing images and files you can easily overcome it. You can play with the code to increase the page speed if you have sufficient knowledge of it.
- Create some quality backlinks: Link building is vital part of WordPress SEO and if you are doing not this, then you are missing something. Regardless of the latest change to the Google algorithm, the number one rating factor is a quality backlink. By linking to authoritative sources, you let Google know that the linked material is close to yours. Besides, it also improves user experience by providing them more information about the subject. Make it a regular practice to communicate via helpful outlets as it will help boost your confidence and trustworthiness.
- Optimize your posts and page titles: Your title is your main heading tag. This will let Google know what your page is about and it will affect whether readers are going to click on your website. Follow the below tips to improve your title tag:
- Include your target keyword in the title as early as possible.
- Build a 60 to 70 characters title tag.
- Create an enticing title that lets people click on that.
It’s good to optimize your title and description to get maximum clicks. If you wonder how to pick a target keyword, what a good title is, or what a good Meta description is, then we Faith e-commerce Services are here for you to provide the best SEO services.
- Security of your WordPress website: Safety should be one of the most vital SEO activities that should be taken care of, by all the website owners. But unfortunately, they are often overlooked. Every week, Google blacklists about 20,000 spam websites and about 50,000 phishing websites. And when a page is blacklisted, it does not appear in the search results at all. This means that your WordPress website security is important for better ranking. As a site owner, you don’t want your website to be compromised. So, there are a lot security plugins available in the WordPress folder. You can add one more security layer to your site by installing a security plugin.
- Create a sitemap for your website: Your website can contain hundreds of pages, and to have your website indexed by Google, you need to tell Google the layout of your website. It’s incredibly easy to create a Google XML sitemap. An XML sitemap is a compressed file that lists every page of your website. This makes it easy to find all your material for search engines. Although adding an XML sitemap does not improve the search rankings of your website rather it lets search engines quickly find the pages and start ranking them.
- Use Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a popular analytics tool that is developed and offered by Google. This tool will tell you how well your SEO strategy works by providing you with detailed analytics of traffic on your page. Google analytics lets you perform a variety of tasks like detecting a 404 error site, analyzing the visitor’s behavior, source of traffic, fighting with referral spam, and many more.
- Using correct heading tags: Google updates its algorithm and takes into account the structure of the header tag. Though, you may not be aware of heading tags and how to use them correctly, if you’re just a beginner. For example: The H1 tag must always be used for the blog post title and keeping the H1 tag simple and concise is imperative. Once you’ve used the H1 heading, you would like to use the H2 tag for additional headings and then H3 and H4 for sub-headings and so on. It is not only essential to use heading tags for good SEO practices, but also to improve user engagement. This gives your users a better idea of your content and catches their interest in no time.
- Web hosting: Besides using standard SEO methods, one also needs a good and reliable hosting for their website. Web hosting is influenced by SEO because it affects your server up time, load time, bandwidth, resource, and many more things. And if your server is good, your website never goes down, and the search engine thinks that this website is smooth and lightweight
Conclusion: As you can see that when optimizing the website for search engines, you need to consider a lot of things. Hopefully, the above article was useful to give you a good place to start optimizing your WordPress website. Lastly, note that SEO is a game of long duration. The more efforts you put, the more results you’ll see, but these results will usually come in time. And if you are looking to get your company’s website designed by professionals, then we “Faith e-commerce services” are here to serve you the best SEO services. We will make your website layout search engine friendly and appealing from the user’s perspective.